Ornery Music


Friday, August 15, 2008

The Orneryguy Has A Little Fun?

Abby (click her name to link to video sight!) was on Good Things Utah today! That is certainly worthy of an exclamation mark. Maybe three!!! She was a little nervous thinking about how many people were watching her on TV, but she handled it well. By the end of her segment she was very comfortable. When the show was over she took a basket up to "the Girls" and gave them some hair bows. They were very impressed with her generosity.

We all went up and had our picture taken with the cast. Marti told us she choked up while reading about Abby on the air and that she had cried when she read what Debi had written about Abby.

Dallin even got in on all of the action. When we were at the Day Spa they all adored him. After being asked a few times, Dallin finally consented to a free haircut. It would have been $45 and they were anxious to do it for free. Then, walking into the studio we saw Angel, who does the cooking segments unloading her Cadillac. She hollered hello and waved to us, very friendly. In the lobby I told her that Dallin is her biggest fan. He loves watching the cooking segments and then helping Debi to make the dish they showed. She showed him what she brought in and told him all of the ingredients. During the show, after the cooking segment, Angel came over and got him out of the audience. She said they were not supposed to take guests on-stage during the show but that since he was her biggest fan he had to come and eat some of the dessert. They visited for a few minutes and Dallin had a delicious treat with macadamia nuts, mandarin oranges, crust, and whip cream. He thought it was delicious. Angel even gave him the copy of the recipe that had been on the counter while they were filming. Later, when the show was over and we were having our picture taken with them I lifted Dallin so he could be seen and Marti turned around and told me to set him down next to her.

All in all it was a wonderfully fun time (something an ornery guy rarely has). I was surprised at how genuinely friendly everyone was. It was almost disturbing to think that people can go for so long without being a little irritable.

Poor Emma missed the fun, but we were sure that had she been there she would have been running around the studio and generally making a nuisance of herself. She does her own thing that child. Instead of going with us she went to Diana's house and played Princess. She did not want to come back home.

Abby got back in time for the last half of her first day of Junior High. Then she was rushed back to BYU for the closing performances of her daCi dance camp.

I love my children and am very proud of their achievements, accomplishments, and abilities. I am even more proud they are "nice kids" who are working hard on strengthening their own testimonies. They come from a great pioneer heritage on both sides and are great representatives of those they came from. As their father, I just hope to learn from them and not mess them up too bad.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's a good thing your kids have Debi for their mom........they for sure get nothing from you! j/k!

Just thought I'd add a little more to your long list of things to talk to your therapist about!

Love ya.......we couldn't be more proud of you and your family!

I'm glad you had some fun! You guys for sure need to post pics of your fun!

Jen (Maddie Lou Beanies) said...

Scott, I hope you don't care that I am reading this, I love it!!!!!!!! I have always enjoyed talking with you, you crack me up! I kind of think that we think the same way with a lot of things. I love that you made a reference to being a gemini, I am a libra which means I am balanced, I can see both sides of a situation and agree with both. Also, we both have that OCD thing going on. Keep up the rantings, you can help fill my time avoiding the things I am supposed to be doing.

Crazy Lees said...

Babe, Your Rock! Thanks for taking the time to help make the little dream come true! Having you at the show made it perfect! We have amazing children...we ARE so privilaged!Good Things Utah is always in my recaping of the day with you so it seemed perfect that we all spent that moment together! We may have to do it again sometime!