Ornery Music


Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Take Offence!

Offence, much like colour, is a chiefly British variant, and perfectly proper and acceptible. I am deeply offenced anyone would question me on that. It must be all of the English literature classes I took and all of the English literature I read leaking out of me.


When questioned, I must defend myself.


Actually, I was relieved to see "offence" listed in the dictionaries after I googled it.

Great eyes, Steph. I thought I was the only critical one in the family.

Also, I googled "parentheses" and "parenthesis" and found both uses to be acceptable, although there appears to be some possible, minor differences in their definitions. Google them and read up a little, then we can neither of us care which is the most proper under which conditions.

Anyway, enough blammer.

Scroll down the music list and see if you like anything. Sorry if David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust is not working properly. If you have three minutes to kill track the song down. It has a great guitar riff and the song influenced many bands of the 70's (Sex Pistols, etc) through today (Green Day).

A note on Black Betty. Could you find a better white trash anthem? Seriously, I think I need to buy a trailer before I can truly appreciate the song. No wonder it is the most popular song played during the University of Wyoming football games.

And what happened to Stairway? It sounds like the Chipmunk's cover version.

If you read this post you are morally obligated to leave a comment.
(This post passed the spellchecker, anything missed is totally the responsibility of the big-headed author).

2 comments:

Crazy Lees said...

You do not ahve a big head!
I did not find any Barry on your playlist...I am offenced!

Stephanie said...

Yes, you most certainly do have a BIG HEAD!!!!! (I love explanation points & parentheses(plural form)!

I do not have a copy of the OED.....so go a head and spell things how you want!

Nice of you to post again.....I need a little bit of ornery.