Ornery Music


Monday, September 1, 2008

Warning: This Post Is Lame (I'm Learning to Post Pictures)

As Debi and I were leaving from a wonderful short weekend stay at Johnson's Mill in Midway, I got a hold of her digital camera and starting taking pictures. I normally don't go for those new-fangled gadgets. Anything more technical than a Sony Walkman (circa 1982, cassette version) is beyond me. But, I was having fun. Snap, snap, snap and no paying for film development. I decided I wanted one for myself.

I did fine installing the Kodak EasyShare Program on my computer and took some pictures only a guy would take. You know, the first was my Coke from Taco Time. Then pictures of my Mustang, Truck, Motorcycles, the fence we built this summer, etc. Then I decided to get adventurous and try the video feature. So I have a short clip of the inside of the door and the dashboard of my Mustang while I start it and listen to the exhaust (with the door open so we can all hear the ringing of the door open bell, of course). Yeah, I am pretty lame. But, when you've got a K&N Performance Intake, Bassani headers, and a 3" MagnaFlow exhaust with Cat-Back headers installed on a 5.0 HO Ford V-8 engine, you are pretty lame, and obviously living in the past. You can take a flashback with me and have a listen here.


Speaking of living in the past, have you seen my straight-leg, faded blue jeans. Debi is pretty sure I never left 1988. She teased me just today about my pants. And my hair. And my shirt. And my music. Oh yeah, and about being ornery. She finds it hard being the unfortunate soul stuck with me. I mean, yeah sure, she likes the idea of me, but not the actual practise. I guess I am like one of those fancy trucks you see on the road with the awful, multi-color, paint jobs and murals on the tail-gate. Whoever thought it up and paid the ridiculous amount of money to have it done envisioned a true work of art in their mind. But when the work is done it just looks stupid. That's me, Debi's stupid looking truck (painted in the 80's obviously). If only it weren't against BYU standards I could grow an awesome mullet and wear muscle shirts (these of course present a problem with the whole garment thing). Wow, religion is standing in the way of me living out my white trash fantasy (and looking like my dad). Yeah, I'm the guy Debi wanted to marry. What was she thinking? My mom and Stephanie tried to tell her to run far, far away, but she didn't listen. She regrets it now. She's told me so. Lot's of times. Oh well, maybe one day I'll be the guy she wanted me to be when we got married. But until then I've just got LOTS OF POTENTIAL. (And a wardrobe, hair-cut, car, and music from the 80's).

Oh yeah, back to the camera. Here are some photos that only a guy would post. Especially a guy who lives in a trailer, drinks generic beer, and whistles through his tooth. I am that classy guy :)




Oh yeah, that Mustang was pretty sweet my senior year of high school. Ironically, I hated those Mustangs then and I hate them now. Back then I liked the Camaros a lot better. Still do. The Mustangs I like are 1964-1967 Fast Backs and the newest ones after the restyling done in 2005. Oh well, the price was right, it was a low-mile, original owner model. And it is fast. Stock, the 87 GT's did over 148 MPH. This one has had some work done and will go faster than I will ever find out. Now, if I had this car back in 87, I would have found out how fast it would go and probably not be here today.

8 comments:

Jen (Maddie Lou Beanies) said...

You are definitely a child of the 80's! Whenever someone mentions Guess jeans, I think of you. I really do! I also loved the reference to your dad!

Kristy said...

Huh? Guy post. A mullett? Really? I thought that one was as obvious as the comb-over. Of course, people still do that too.

orneryguy said...

Ouch! O.K. here is a link for true mullet lovers: http://www.mulletjunky.com/
Check out the pix archives and read a few of the descriptions for some real fun. I truly want to be as cool as some of those guys.

Crazy Lees said...

I have never said I regret marring you....EVER! You say that so...Keep dreaming...As for living in the 80's well you are all about your comfort zone and thats yours...the 80's and I have LEARNED to LOVE it!

Stephanie said...

Hey........don't abandon those straight leg jeans.....they are coming back in.

Please don't turn into dad!!!!! One Redneck, White Trash, Sexist, Racist, Ball-sock/Short shorts/Cowboy boot ensemble loving guy is enough.......STOP THE INSANITY! (80's quote for ya!)

Kristy said...

Sweet ride. You crack me up! I am seriously just sitting here at home by myself laughing out loud!Remember the drive to Bear Lake with Grandma when she told you she was going to talk about her girdle if you kept talking about motorcycles? That was clear back in the 70's. You haven't changed a bit.

Stephanie said...

Okay it really sucks that you are back in school!

We need some Ornery Guy to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Those are just for you as well as these))))(((

Anonymous said...

Take your lady on another weekend getaway. Love the hell out of her. Just do it.